Hawaiian Discovery Moderate
Brochure Type: USA Canada and Central America 2022
Get on island time as you discover Hawaii's authentic tropical paradise, including Kilauea Volcano and Kuai's magical Tunnel of Trees and Waimea Canyon State Park. Tour Honolulu's Pearl Harbor, relax in Kona, learn from locals how coffee is made, and get a fascinating insight into Manta Ray conservation.
- Explore a local coffee plantation on the Big Island of Hawaii and wonders of Manta Rays in Keauhou Beach with a Local Specialist
- Discover Honolulu, Kailua-Kona
- Visit Pearl Harbor, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Kilauea Volcano, Maui Ocean Center, a local farm on Maui, Waimea Canyon, and Grove Farm Sugar Plantation with a Local Specialist
- See Oahu's spectacular North Shore, Punalu'u Beach, Hawaii's most famous black sand beach frequented by sea turtles basking in the sun, Kauai's magical Tunnel of Trees
- Connect With Locals Relish an educational farm-to-fork experience and help gather fresh produce for your al fresco lunch.
- Connect With Locals Visit the Kona Joe Coffee Farm. Kona coffee is one of the most expensive coffees on the planet. Currently, there are only about 3,000 acres of Kona coffee plants to supply the entire world, making it a very in-demand commodity
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Help support the farm-to-table movement and learn more about bio-dynamic farming in Hawaii.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Dinner
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Regional Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 10 Breakfasts
- Flights from Honolulu-Kona, Hilo-Kahului and Kahului-Lihue
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- All transport and transfers shown
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (434) 390-8233 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16627679
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Honolulu||A Warm Welcome To Honolulu: Embrace a tropical state of mind on this uplifting encounter with the best Hawaii has to offer. Your first brush with traditional Hawaiian hospitality begins this evening when you join your Travel Director and fellow travelers for a local-style Welcome Reception with magnificent Waikiki beach as your backdrop.|
Aston Waikiki Beach - Moderate (City View), First Class (Partial Ocean View), Premier (Ocean View)
|Day 2||Discover The History Of Honolulu||Discover The History Of Honolulu: Today we will visit Pearl Harbor National Monument and the USS Arizona Memorial as well as drive through the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific. Also today in downtown Honolulu we will see Iolani Palace, the King Kamehameha I Statue and State Capitol Building. The rest of the afternoon is free.|
|Day 3||Journey To The Big Island||Journey To The Big Island: The next stop on our island hop through Hawaii is the Big Island. Following a flight, enjoy an orientation tour of the lively seaside village of Kailua-Kona, once the holiday playground of Hawaiian royalty. Breathe in the rich aromas of coffee during a visit to a local coffee plantation where your will Connect With Locals. Then, meet our Local Specialist at our oceanside resort, whose Manta Ray Learning Center we will have an opportunity to explore before indulging in rich island flavors at Rays on the Bay.|
Outrigger Kona Resort and Spa
|Day 4||Play Your Way In Kona||Play Your Way In Kona: Take a moment and savor the calming sounds of the sea as you decide how best to indulge in a free day to explore Kona's beautiful landscapes. Relax in sun-kissed surrounds or ask your Travel Director for suggestions on how to tackle the great outdoors.|
|Day 5||Delve Into Hawaii's Unique Environment||Delve Into Hawaii's Unique Environment: Today we arrive at Punalu'u Beach Park, famous for its black sand and Hawaiian green sea turtles which swim off the coast on the black sand to sun. Then journey to the UNESCO-listed Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and gain a deeper understanding of how the molten earth has shaped these volcanic islands. After, enjoy lunch at a historic plantation. Later, travel to Hilo where you board your flight to Maui.|
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa - Moderate (Resort View), First Class (Partial Ocean View), Premier (Ocean View)
|Day 6||Dive Into Maui||Dive Into Maui: Prepare for a full day of sightseeing on the Valley Isle, travelling along the tropical coast to the Maui Ocean Center. Meet the center's conservation naturalists who will reveal secrets of the underwater wonderland that preserves and protects such species as Pacific corals, Hawaiian green sea turtles and sharks. We leave the coast behind and journey deep into the countryside to visit a local farm and MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience as you learn about the sustainable agriculture on the island. Connect With A Local and toast to a traditional Be My Guest experience lunch serving up Hawaiian specialties made with the freshest local ingredients. Spend the evening at leisure.|
|Day 7||Entice Your Senses In Maui||Entice Your Senses In Maui: Warm your heart and soul in paradise, spending the day at leisure exploring Maui on your terms. This evening, sip a Mai Tai and sway to the tunes of authentic Hawaii during a traditional Luau.|
|Day 8||Onwards To Lihue, Kauai||Onwards To Lihue, Kauai: Enjoy a leisurely start to your day before heading to the airport for your short flight to the natural wonderland of Kauai. Set your watch to island time and get settled in at your beachfront hotel.|
Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort - Moderate (Mountain Garden View), First Class (Lanai/Ocean View), Premier (Pool/Ocean View)
|Day 9||Uncover The Wonder Of Waimea Canyon State Park||Uncover The Wonder Of Waimea Canyon State Park: Drive through the island's famous Tunnel of Trees and continue to Waimea Canyon State Park, one of the Hawaiian Islands most awe-inspiring sites. Dubbed the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific" you will drive all the way up the canyon. The result of thousands of years of erosion, the canyon walls offer a canvas of brilliant shades of red, brown, green, blue, gray and purple, with shadows and light producing a never-ending show.|
|Day 10||Find Your Island Adventure||Find Your Island Adventure: Enjoy a free day discovering Kauai and its many natural wonders. Consider a helicopter flight over the Na Pali Coast and Manawaiopuna Falls or immerse yourself in the laidback lifestyle of the locals. Our island hop through Hawaii almost at its end, we join our Travel Director and travel companions for a Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 11||A Fond Farewell||A Fond Farewell: For now it's a fond a hui hou... until we meet again. Take a transfer to Lihue Airport or consider extending your stay on Kauai.|
- If you are looking even further ahead, this trip is available to book in 2023. Visit our website for dates and today's best prices.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class